Friday, July 3, 2009

Pow Pow YeAH!!!

Super-spanish-speaking-awesome-woman yeah!

So here's the scoop, I just went to the market to buy an avocado (palta) and a plantain (platano) to spice up my lunch time. On the way to the market (because the one with the good produce is a few blocks away) I stopped to talk to one of the neighborhood guards.. oh wait, I talked to him? YEP, in freakin Spanish. Cuz that's what my homies speak down hurr. Yeah, I did have to have him repeat himself a couple times, but who cares? I had a CONVERSATION. haha.
Then, when I got to the little hacienda I had another CONVERSATION with the two ladies who worked there. YEAH, about Peru, and how the food and produce here are so great and inexpensive and yummy. And I'm sure I sound like a complete gringa with a gross accent, but as long as they're smiling, I'm happy.

Just thought I'd tell the world about my triumph.

Oh, and my lunch was bomb.

Peace and love.
(And the splckr isn't working, so sorry for my pesima spellins.)

No comments:

Post a Comment